Glass Houses

WiFi, our beautiful media personality on Twitter. 
@WiFiCreepyCat
Much love through a glass window.

Have you ever heard of the saying that we all live in glass houses? I would remind my middle school students of that often because middle schoolers can be so mean to each other yet extremely sensitive. But it is true, we do live in glass houses. A critical word is like a rock and when it’s thrown in our direction it can crack our house. I think of the house as our being, confidence, emotional health. 

In my quiet time I was lead to this particular verse:

“Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other’s faults because of your love.”

‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭4:2‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Convicted! 

I am not patient. I am also pretty critical. I think too fast and do not always heed my words. The Lord reminds me often that love slows down and thinks before speaking. He is like a cheerleader cheering me on, “give me an L-O-V-E...what does the spell?! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE”! 

He reminds me in His word that He commands me to love YOU (John 15:17). That even at my worse He loves me and is showing me that I can love others at their worse. He reminds me that I need to worry about the log in my own eye before I comment about the one in my friend’s eye (Matthew 7:3).

None of these reminders are meant to harm, hurt, or offend me. There is no condemnation in being humbled by the Lord. He’s patient with me and therefore is teaching me to be patient with others, to love someone faults and all! (Ephesians 4:2).

As I grow in His love, I am recognizing my trust in Him strengthens just as it is promised in Isaiah 40:31. Hope is blossoming! Jesus is right here, in counsel with me, loving me and teaching me to slow down and love others. 

Drop the rock. Love God. Love people.


“We love each other because he loved us first.”

‭‭1 John‬ ‭4:19‬ ‭NLT‬‬

https://bible.com/bible/116/1jn.4.19.NLT


Lord-

I am amazed at how patient and loving you are and am so humbled to receive your love. Thank you for teaching me to love others. Thank you for patiently counseling me as my heart is softening. I pray to understand how to set boundaries built in love when I need to. I pray for my heart to always be forgiving and my mouth slow to speak. Thank you for Ephesians 4:2 and conviction for I know these reminders are out of love and not shame. I pray for wisdom today and to be a light to others so that they may see you in me. I love you! 

Amen 




No comments:

Post a Comment