Care Bear Share

“This is the message we heard from Jesus and now declare to you: God is light, and there is no darkness in him at all.”

‭‭1 John‬ ‭1:5‬ ‭NLT‬‬

On my way back to my parent’s place, I was given this beautiful sunset. It’s actually the image I’ve shared on this blog. I wish you could have seen the entirety of God’s work. To the south were dark clouds but towards the west the sun was shining so brightly behind a thin layer of clouds. Sunbeams bursting from every direction, penetrating into the darkness of the southern clouds. Wow. Instantly I was reminded of what Jesus tells us in 1 John 1:5. He reminds us that God is light and there is no darkness found in Him. 

 “But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.”

‭‭1 John‬ ‭1:9‬ ‭NLT‬‬

I know that I must confess my sins. He wants us to confess. Not to believe that we never sin. When I come to Him with my faults and my scars, I receive such amazing grace. In that grace is the beauty of relationship with Him. I can walk with Him in His light.

But what about days that I’m struggling? The light seems dimmer, the world seems harsher, God’s voice is so distant I wonder if I imagine hearing it. He’s still there with me, Holy Spirit is praying over me, that glimmer of light flickering. Friends radiate His light as they dive into His word and pray. I am not meant to carry my burden alone. I call to the Lord most high and seek Him. I reach out to my prayer warriors- okay- I will be real that I struggle with this. My husband prays over me. I recognize Jesus everywhere, everyday. His light radiates and my day is brighter, the world is lighter, and I can hear Him!

“But if we are living in the light, as God is in the light, then we have fellowship with each other, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, cleanses us from all sin.”

‭‭1 John‬ ‭1:7‬ ‭NLT‬‬

When we fellowship together and love each other, His light transfers and touches everyone we come into contact. It visually reminds me of a Care Bear Share! I believe I just aged myself!

What burdens are you carrying that the light seems dim? He wants to hear from you. It doesn’t have to be fancy! It took me a long while to feel confident in praying, to speak up and lay it all out there. You are not meant to walk alone, carrying your own cross. Let His light shine over you so that you may see brighter days are ahead, even in the midst of a storm.

Polk County, Missouri
June 2022

Oh Lord-

Thank you for your beautiful light that shines over us, over me. Thank you for wanting to hear our burdens, my burdens. Thank you for the beautiful sky that gave me such a refreshing outlook and a beautiful reminder that Jesus tells us You are light. Thank you for the ability to capture this image and share it. That as we focus on Jesus and open our hearts to Him, the darkness fades and light radiates. That we may have fellowship with You and others and to share your light like a Care Bear Share! Hallelujah! Amen.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this beautiful message of hope that when we are in our darkest moments, we don’t have to have “the right words” to say, but that his love is always there for us.

    ReplyDelete