Face the Son

While not the ones I speak about in my blog, they are indeed reaching towards the sun. 
Nodaway Lake, Nodaway County, Mo
2020

I find joy in flowers. I enjoy growing them, tending to them, photographing them, talking about them, identifying them. Have I mentioned I find joy in flowers? 

God sprinkles beauty everywhere. Sometimes it’s sprinkled in hard to reach areas. Typically these are the flowers I want to photograph incredibly bad! Imagine that? Along my parents’ road there are Black-Eyed Susans clumped facing away from the road, towards the woods. Since dad passed, we’ve not mowed that stretch so grass is high and my fortitude is low. Typically I would pull on my boots and boldly walk to my destination, but this morning I was told to just sit and really look at what the flowers are doing.

Flowers have this amazing response to orient themselves to face towards their light source. This is known as phototropism. This response allows prime opportunity for photosynthesis to feed the plant. They literally blossom under the light source, growing, multiplying, giving love to those who appreciate their beauty. This is why house plants need turned in windows so they grow evenly.

And now I understand why the Lord asked me to just sit and enjoy from afar:

“We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God’s throne.”

‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭12:2‬ ‭NLT‬‬

These beautiful clumps of flowers were reminding me to keep my eyes on the Son, to focus my energy on Him, not my perceived destination. Trusting that the Lord will provide no matter what comes my way. Joy, indeed, comes each morning! Hallelujah!

Lord-

I praise your beautiful and glorious name! Thank you for such a beautiful moment this morning, to reflect and show me that even the flowers do not worry about tomorrow. They keep their petals facing the sun, soaking in everything it can give them. Reminding me that, I too, must face the Son and soak in your teaching and grace. That you offer mercy each and everyday. 

Amen




1 comment:

  1. Megan this is beautiful and so true. Jesus showed us the way to walk by his example. He said , “If anyone wishes to come after me, let him disown himself and take up his cross”. He meant not just to walk behind him, but follow his example. - 1 Peter 2:21
    Jesus did not die for committing any sin. He loved righteousness. He practiced righteousness. He WAS righteousness personified. When we walk after HIS righteousness and stay focused on him we will then bear his cross. Why? The answer is found in 1 John 3:12, “-not like Cain, who was of that wicked one [satan] and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother righteous”.
    We stay focused on Jesus, following him as the sun, bearing in mind when we are hated for doing as Jesus taught we are following in his footsteps and bearing his cross.
    - Matthew 5:11
    The Footprints of Christ:
    Matthew 5-7

    ReplyDelete