Forward! Ahead!

 

Chicory
Polk Co, Mo
June 2022

“No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead,”

‭‭Philippians‬ ‭3:13‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Have you ever been stuck with negative statements going over and over in your head? I believe they are called negative feedback loops. Things you may have said or done or perhaps what others have said or done to you just repeating over and over can really wreck who you believe you are. These are lies being whispered in your ear by Satan. They create bondage and can make us slaves. We start believing the lies causing darkness to spread, depression and anxiety to make homes in our hearts. 

It doesn’t have to be that way. We are not called to carry our burdens alone. Take comfort in these words from The Passion Translation:

“We can demolish every deceptive fantasy that opposes God and break through every arrogant attitude that is raised up in defiance of the true knowledge of God. We capture, like prisoners of war, every thought and insist that it bow in obedience to the Anointed One.”

‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭10:5‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Wow! We can take captive each and every word and hold it captive, accountable to the Lord! Cast statements, thoughts, words to the foot of the cross and ask Holy Spirit to wash peace and joy over our hearts! We can rise up against  darkness and allow His light to shine over us. There IS power in Jesus’ name! 

I struggle with the lies and I often find myself saying out loud, “I do not agree. I cast this lie to the foot of the cross and ask for peace to wash over me! I’m the daughter of the Most High King! I praise His name!” HALLELUJAH! Yes?!

Do not allow the lies to chain you to depression, anxiety, thoughts of worthlessness. The Lord does not see you that way. He loves you and wants you to meet Him, face-to-face, heal your heart and bring joy to it. He loves you and wants you to love yourself, too. 

Love God. Love people. Love yourself. Forget the past and allow Jesus to teach you to love in the moment. 

“Kind words are like honey— sweet to the soul and healthy for the body.”

‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭16:24‬ ‭NLT‬‬



1 comment:

  1. The negative loop reminds me of a skipping record. Spirit lead me to break that record like Mary in Its a Wonderful Life!

    ReplyDelete