His Grace Is Enough

Are you content with who you are? Like really content? Are you content because you trust yourself in decisions being made? Or perhaps you’re content with who you are because you’ve given yourself over to the Lord and His peace resides in you? 

I’m going to be honest, I’m still attempting the latter, giving myself over completely: all decisions, all thoughts, all direction, everything. Being humble is something that I’ve wrestled with for awhile. It’s like a complete paradigm shift as society often expects self-reliance, self-help, and independence that is self-centered. But that’s not what we are called to be, we are called to be reliant upon God. When we are truly reliant upon Him we must put ourselves aside and be God-reliant, seek God for help, God-dependent. We must be God-centered.

Fleabane (I believe)
Polk Co, Missouri
June 2022

 “So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor.”

‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭5:6‬ ‭NLT‬‬

When we humble ourselves and place Him in the center of our life, we no longer have to strive to be perfect. We know we cannot be perfect because we cannot achieve perfection. But, boy, it’s what we are always attempting to strive for, isn’t it? Don’t you get tired of striving? I do! 

“And he gives grace generously. As the Scriptures say, “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.””

‭‭James‬ ‭4:6‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Striving gets us no where. It got me caught up in anxiety, depression, constantly trying to achieve things on my own. I needed to take a deep breathe and just let go and let God do His thing. When I was striving, I completely hindered God’s will because all I wanted was mine! How selfish. Prideful. Thank goodness for grace! 

Even the most beautiful of flowers must rely upon God for the rains. 
Black-Eyed Susan
Nodaway Co, Missouri, 2021


“I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.”

‭‭Romans‬ ‭15:13‬ ‭NLT‬‬

When I stop wrestling and give over completely, there’s so much peace. I no longer need to worry about finances, to-do lists, doing everything perfect. He has me in His hands. When I take that trust fall, joy and hope fall into place. 

But, I’m going to be honest. I’ve not done this just once and was done. I’ve had to stop, breathe, and say multiple times, “Oh Lord- I know you have me and I’m so grateful for your grace. I’m struggling and I’m coming to you so that my pride remains cast away. I come humbly because I cannot do it by myself. Thank you for your grace. Amen.”

Come honestly and humbly. 

Have God-fidence.

His grace is enough. 



1 comment:

  1. It is very hard to give up “our” control of our lives. When we strive for our freedom, we bind ourselves. Yet when we submit to our Lord, we become free. Such an important message to hear.

    ReplyDelete