Hurt Happens, Love Much


Two wrongs do not make a right.

It is an accurate statement that doesn’t get the love it deserves. We remind our kids when they struggle with friends or siblings but do we remind ourselves as adults? Hurt happens but we do not have to live in it. 

We are called to love, to sit at the table of our enemies. I don’t know about you but when I was younger, I wasn’t sitting at the tables of my enemies! I wouldn’t even be in the same building! Pride directed my thoughts and actions. I learned the hard way that two wrongs do not make a right. 

“But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;” Matthew 5:44 KJV. 

Asiatic Lilies
Nodaway Co, Mo
2019
Purchased from the clearance section at Lowe’s for $1 as one small pot was dried up. A little love has them flourishing. 

It wasn’t until I grew in Christ that I understood what it meant to love people who are struggling. I had to look at myself because to someone else I was that struggling person they had to love. That realization was a hard fall. 

But was it, really? Sure my pride was bruised and I was embarrassed but pride and embarrassment are not of the Lord. Looking at my struggle, my wrestle with God, I didn’t fall. I was rising up. In my struggle, God had me all along. 

“And I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit in you. I will take out your stony, stubborn heart and give you a tender, responsive heart.”

‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭36:26‬ ‭NLT‬‬

If you’re struggling, it’s going to be okay. If you’re hurt, God promises that He has more for you. He’s got you. I place my trust in Him. There are days I wrestle with Him. He never leaves me in those days. Instead He prepares a feast for me to dine with my enemies, teaches me to pray over them, love them, and to receive the new heart He’s been changing in me over the years.

He never promises the journey will be easy but He does promise that He is with us, He will strengthen us and help us, He will uphold us with His righteous right hand. (Isaiah 41:10).

It’s our choice. 

I choose Him. I choose to love my enemies, let go of my hurts, let go of the fear, and LOVE.


Lord-

Thank you so much for loving me in my struggles. Thank you for never leaving me while I was a prideful mess. What a wonderful God you are that in my pain and feeling lost, you leave the 99 to draw me back to you. You are bigger than all of our enemies. I have nothing to fear for you are with me. Thank you for teaching me how to love. Thank you for your patience on this journey. My heart is softening and it’s all in your glory! Hallelujah!

Amen

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful reminder that we all have our daily struggles but we are so much closer to our Lord when we can forgive with total unconditional love. Thank you Lord for the gift of forgiveness which makes us stronger and closer to you.

    ReplyDelete