8 Days

“Make your life a prayer.”

‭‭1 Thessalonians‬ ‭5:17‬ ‭TPT‬‬

For several months, we’ve been waiting on the closing process for a new home. Everything was going smoothly until a few days prior to closing the end of June. Then everything came to a screeching halt. For most of July, we were left with decisions that surrounded the one thing we were hoping we wouldn’t have to do: look for another home. 

Unfortunately (and thankfully), the seller’s were unable to sell their home (a much longer story) which allowed us to dissolve our contract and start over. With less than a month left for school to start, we embarked on this journey, my husband looking at homes while I experience it through FaceTime. 

This is my third time purchasing a house in my adult life. I have never experienced it like this before. The last few days have been hard. It’s been stressful. It’s unimaginably hot, my husband is two hours away, and as much as I’ll miss my parent’s place I really would like my own space. Would you agree the past few days have been hard? But none of that is what’s making it hard.

Something distracted me and my armor wasn’t secure. For whatever reason, I quit praying.

“Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere.”

‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭6:18‬ ‭NLT‬‬

There will be obstacles. Life was never promised to be easy. Taking our eyes off Jesus causes us to sink; to feel the stress, pressure, fear. It’s not always a slow sinking either! The last few days were hard because I took my eyes off Jesus for a moment, a split second, or what felt like a split second, which actually became 8 days. You may think 8 days isn’t long but in those 8 days I experienced heightened anxiety, fear, hopelessness, negative thoughts just came at me like arrows. These 8 days have felt like eternity. 

8 days of being robbed of peace.

“Never stop praying.”

‭‭1 Thessalonians‬ ‭5:17‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Isn’t it wonderful to serve such a loving God? That I may recognize what has happened, talk to Him, praise His name, ask forgiveness, ask for protection and He gives me grace? 

“And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is.”

‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭3:18‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Lord-

You are so patient. You’ve been beside me the entire time. Forgive my distractions that I didn’t see you, talk to you. These 8 days have been incredibly hard without my focus on you. You tell us to be prepared always. To be ready for the enemy to pounce! Holy Spirit, thank you for songs to pop in my head to ground me. Thank you for the moment that I realized I’ve not prayed, been in your word. Thank you for saving me and bringing me back to the surface of the water, for guiding my eyes back to Jesus. Thank you for 1 Thessalonians 5:17 reminding me to make my life a prayer. 

Amen

Polk County
June 2022
One of my favorite fields on the road to my parent’s home. Deer often frolic here. Turkey will dart out from the tall grass. During certain times if the year it’s a meadow. It’s a peaceful and serene view.




1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful reminder that it can be easy to lose sight of our Lord and how we can be led astray. Thank you for being such a patient God and keep the door to you open. Thank you Megan for this wake-up call that there is a difference between acknowledging God and living in God!

    ReplyDelete