Grub Form...Activate!

Athena is in her “Grub Form” as we call her unbelievable way to lay in the middle of the floor, unaware of chaos around her. 
June 2022

I absolutely adore my pets. My family currently has 3 dogs and 3 cats, each with their own story of how they came to be our owners. They all bring something to our family: laughter, cuddles, fur, memories and so much more.

Athena is very small but fluffy. She reminds me of a Munchkin breed. She was a stray so I’m not sure her background; however, the vet discussed her build as being significantly similar to the Munchkin breed. She has the largest and greenest eyes that just pierce into my heart. She is also a love bug. She will seek any one of us out for cuddles and pets. She purrs in appreciation. 

She also lays smack in the middle of the floor...

...typically in a high traffic area and does not move out of the way. The dogs can be walking over here, she doesn’t flinch. The dogs can start becoming rambunctious, she doesn’t move. We could bring in groceries, she lays there. Sweep the floor? It’s okay, Athena will watch you as you sweep around her. Mopping? Rest assured she’s watching you closely, from the floor, never wavering. Running the vacuum? How cute because she’s standing, uhm, laying her ground. I just cannot explain the tenacity she portrays as she lays in chaos, looking at you with her large, beautiful green eyes full of...trust.

And then I hear, “look at how she trusts you and does not waiver. She never hides in chaos. She rests.”

What in the world just happened? The Lord used my cat to demonstrate a very important life lesson. One, I might add, I’ve been struggling with for a long time. He met me, like any good teacher would, where I needed met and offered a visual of what He’s been wanting me to do for a long time.

“Stand firm. Let nothing move you.” 

1 Corinthians 15:58

No matter the chaos, stand firm. Don’t listen to lies. Focus on all that is good.

 “It gives us new life to know that you are standing firm in the Lord.”

‭‭1 Thessalonians‬ ‭3:8‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Life is brand new as we walk in the Lord’s word. When we live in His truth and do not allow anything to sweep us away from His word, we can stand on His promises. We combat lies and send them to the cross where they belong. 

“When the storm is over, there’s nothing left of the wicked; good people, firm on their rock foundation, aren’t even fazed.”

‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭10:25‬ ‭MSG‬‬

We can go about our day, unaware of any strife, upset. We do not change our position to fit in. We stand firm like nothing is amiss. 

“It is dangerous to be concerned with what others think of you, but if you trust the Lord, you are safe.”

Proverbs 29:25

The lesson?

Holy Spirit says to stand firm and rest. No matter the storm, stay focused and never waiver. Rest in His promises.

Lord-

Wow! I praise your beautiful name. You’re my teacher and protector! Thank you for allowing me to see Athena’s simple Grub Form as a life lesson, to never lose my footing in you as I rest. To look up at you with such trust, knowing that chaos may be near but resting in you makes it seem so far away. To give me boldness to rest while it seems life is just sweeping by. That I can rest during the storm, relax, allow the storm to wage it’s war around me yet I’m oblivious to what’s happening. What an amazing image! 

Amen 

Grub Form...activate!




1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this beautiful message that comes from the humblest most caring of our pets, and the strongest. Storms will come but staying in his light keeps us grounded and safe. Thank you for the message of staying strong and still!

    ReplyDelete