Count the Days

 “Teach us to realize the brevity of life, so that we may grow in wisdom.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭90:12‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Hurry up Friday.

Hurry up Saturday.

Hurry up payday.

Hurry, hurry, hurry.

Our time on earth is not infinite. 

Why spend most of our days to “hurry up”?

“Make your ear attentive to wisdom,
Incline your heart to understanding;...”

Proverbs 2:2-6

As our days go by, let us praise His name and seek His wisdom. Let us reach out towards resting and not hurrying. Live our lives basking in His presence so that we may cultivate our hearts in preparation for the Holy Spirit to take residence, spreading roots. 

Our world presents urgency but as children of the Lord, we are not of this world. 

“How much better it is to get wisdom than gold! And to get understanding is to be chosen above silver.”

Proverbs 16:16

Lord-

I lift your name on high! You are an anchor in the storm and hold your children steady when the world wants to consume them. As I fill my days with your wisdom and rest in your understanding, bless me with all that you offer. May I count my days so that I remember that I must rest and seek your wisdom. That I keep close that “hurry” is not of you and cloaking myself in your understanding brings safety against evil. Oh Lord, bless my days and make the scent of the roses sweet.

Amen

International Forest of Friendship
Kansas
September 7, 2020






No comments:

Post a Comment