Battles

Polk County Mo 
September 2022

Nothing is more urgent than seeking the Lord first.

Guess who got busy again? Yup. I did. I have been busy. The past few days have not been overly easy and then it dawned on me, when was the last time I talked to my best friend, Jesus? Embarrassingly enough, it’s been over a few days. In fact I vaguely remember waking up around 5am the other morning to the words, “come walk with me” but I rolled over and fell back asleep. I’m exhausted with all of the home repairs and...busyness. He invited me and I didn’t have the discipline enough to push through the fog and meet Him. 

Yet, He loves me anyway.

Last week I was on the phone setting up internet and satellite TV. The customer service representative was such a blessing. We talked as if we knew each other forever. I was overwhelmed that day but never felt the anxiety. 

I had a restoration company in the house and a painter as I was on the phone setting up internet and TV! It was a lot to juggle but it went so smoothly and incredibly pleasant. None of these were chance encounters that day. I put God first and asked Him to bless my day and He did, in a monumental way. 

Does that mean He did not bless the past few days? No. It means I got busy and let other things take over my day, take over my heart, take over my home, take over my family. I allowed battles to become the focus rather than blessings. Blessings are still happening, I just cannot see them when I have scales over my eyes, a fog in my head. 

 “...If God is for us, who can ever be against us?”

‭‭Romans‬ ‭8:31‬ ‭NLT‬‬

In 2 Chronicles Jehoshaphat was about to be attacked. He didn’t run. He didn’t get busy. He went to the Lord first. No complaining, no seeking military advice. He asked for all his people to fast and pray and one of his people were given words from the Lord:

“He said, “Listen, all you people of Judah and Jerusalem! Listen, King Jehoshaphat! This is what the Lord says: Do not be afraid! Don’t be discouraged by this mighty army, for the battle is not yours, but God’s.”

‭‭2 Chronicles‬ ‭20:15‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Battles will come. It’s how we handle them and I know I cannot handle them alone. I know I must seek the Lord first. No one else. Nothing else. God first and the rest will fall into place.

“For we live by believing and not by seeing.”

‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭5:7‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Lord-

I praise you for being my comforter, my redeemer. Each and every day you are with me. You are so patient with me. I get ahead of everything and want to see and forget to believe. I wrestle and I get so tired. Thank you for your mercy. Forgive me for not walking with you. Forgive me for taking the driver’s seat, yet again. Thank you for loving me anyway. I pray for renewal as I walk in your Word today. Bless all who are battling and may Holy Spirit fall and bring peace and comfort.

Amen






No comments:

Post a Comment