Every Day Praise

“I will praise you every day; yes, I will praise you forever.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭145:2‬ ‭NLT‬‬

As my eyes are focused on Jesus, my thoughts are centered on praise. A good friend of mine would say, “praising in the waves”. 

That’s exactly what we are called to do.

Praise the Lord when it seems life is out of control.

Praise the Lord when life is smooth as smooth can be.

Sometimes I catch myself dipping my toe in negativity and believing the lies around me. Swan diving into negativity is not something I choose to do. However, I’ll be honest, I’ve belly flopped right in! When I find myself in those murky waters, I remember my friend telling me to “praise in the waves”! 

When life is feeling smooth and I’m just coasting down life’s highway with the breeze in my hair and tunes on the radio, I forget to praise Him. I plow through until a bump forms in the road and I hit it.

Resting my eyes on Him gives way to praising becoming easier to remember. Gratitude is stronger. Pools of negativity evaporate. He becomes that best friend I’ve yearned for; the one who stands with me through thick and thin. The one who loves through poor decision making. He reaches for me when I’m broken, during restoration, and as I heal.

Why not praise Him daily? He breaks our chains. No one else stands besides us in our muck and mire. He is worthy of our praise now and forever. 

Blooming Hosta
Nodaway County, Missouri



Lord-
I praise your holy name! What a devoted friend you are for not just the 99 but also for that one, roaming lost in the world. Your greatness reigns engulfing shadows, lies, and fears. For you are King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Your promises are promises we can stand firm on, forgetting a balancing act of earthly deeds. Hallelujah! We can love because you first loved us. 
Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment