Paths

Lavender
Nodaway County, Missouri
2020

 “‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'”

Jeremiah 29:11 NIV

When I was young, I struggled reading maps. My sister was a great map reader and often sat in the “navigator’s” seat when we traveled with our mother out of town. It was safer with her navigating rather than I as we lived in an area far from gas stations!

Now, technology has given us Garmins, Google Maps, and Siri to navigate our destinations. No longer are we hunched over a map loudly expressing, “You missed the turn!” Instead we hear, “Rerouting...rerouting...rerouting”.

Rerouting.

I often think of this word when I am at a crossroads with decisions. I used to believe that if I made a decision and it was wrong, that I would fall from favor of the Lord and I messed up His plans. What a lofty thought, to believe that my one decision could derail such a mighty God. He doesn’t have one plan, He has PLANS. It’s plural! Our faith reroutes us to focus on Him, to trust Him while at the crossroads. No fear in decision making because His plans leads us to purpose.

Right now, this moment, let’s trust His plans and lead a purpose filled life. 

“For we are His workmanship [His own master work, a work of art], created in Christ Jesus [reborn from above—spiritually transformed, renewed, ready to be used] for good works, which God prepared [for us] beforehand [taking paths which He set], so that we would walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us].”

‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭2:10‬ ‭AMP‬‬

Lord-
Thank you for your everlasting love. Your direction and guidance is all that I need. May I live my days in purpose as I follow your plans. I give thanks for gentle rerouting when I take my eyes off of You. Bless this journey, Lord, may it be filled with your light.
Amen 


No comments:

Post a Comment