Knowing or Living

 “The Lord is my strength and shield. I trust him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭28‬:‭7‬ ‭NLT‬‬

I love this verse. It gives such amazing hope. But do I live this verse? 

Do I want to love His word or do I want to live His word?

Well, when asked that question it jolts me into a different perspective. It causes me to pause and reflect with which attitude I’m bringing to the table. Am I showing up to the table with expectation or am I showing up with gratitude? Am I expecting a verse to fit my need for the moment or am I grateful that my moment is bringing me to a point to live His word?

I woke up this morning feeling heavy. Out of sorts. Stressing about what I need to do. Knowing He is my strength...

Knowing...but is that living? Am I living IN His strength?

My grandma’s beautiful face comes forth in my mind. She turned 91 this year. Each morning she wakes up grateful for another day. She trusts Him with all of her heart. I rarely hear her fret about tomorrow. In all circumstances she leans into joy, faces each and every day with hope. She has buried 4 sons, her parents, brother, two grandsons, and spouse. She has experienced  times of bounty and drought. She is LIVING Psalms 28:7.

Instead of feeling heavy, knowing He is my strength, I can rest in His word and live in His strength. Letting go of all that weighs me down, joy falling upon me as I live in hope.

Texas County
October 2022

Lord-

I praise you for being bigger than my selfish actions. Thank you for meeting me today. For convicting me of knowing but not living. Thank you for providing a moment of clarity, knowing versus living. I believe you are my strength and shield. I want to live each day in that understanding. I want to live each day in the joy you offer. 

Amen 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your grandma's outlook on her life outlook toward each day!!

    ReplyDelete