Recover

Nodaway Co, Missouri
Summer 2019

 “I prayed to the Lord, and he answered me. He freed me from all my fears. Those who look to him for help will be radiant with joy; no shadow of shame will darken their faces.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭34‬:‭4‬-‭5‬ ‭NLT‬‬

It’s amazing how strong willed some kids can be. Nothing stops them as they try to achieve “big kid” status. Toddler age on up, they persevere, to do any and all activities on their own. We encourage their independence, applaud their successes and kiss their bruises along the way.

As we get older, we learn fear. We may find ourselves a little more timid. We may find ourselves even more determined to do it all on our own. 

No matter which direction we choose, fear or self reliance, we have a God that wants us to give it all to Him. All of our fear. Our worry. He wants us to let our self reliance go and rely on Him.

““Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.””

‭‭Matthew‬ ‭11‬:‭28‬-‭30‬ ‭MSG‬‬

He has a green meadow for you to rest. A place to safely release everything you’re trying to do in your own. A place to let go all of your fears, worries. Falling to our knees is not weakness. He shelters our fall with a plush sanctuary, full of grace.

Lord- 

I praise your name for you are far larger than anything that binds us. You patiently wait until we are ready to let ourselves go and allow you to run the show. While you wait on us to come to the end of ourselves, you create a green meadow so we may meet you and learn what peace awaits us. What a mighty God you are, to love us while we struggle. I pray that those who are withering in fear or self reliance, reach out for you to heal them. I pray they find their green meadow and rest in you today and every day.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment