Clarity


And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith? “So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’ These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.”

‭‭Matthew‬ ‭6‬:‭30‬-‭33‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Do you like roller coasters? The thrill of not knowing what is coming around the corner? Hills? Turns? The slowing down going up and the immense speed coming down?

I do not like them. I cannot control the speed. I don’t know the route. I won’t even watch my kids ride them.

Life is much like a roller coaster. I’m sure you can imagine how well that’s gone for me! Ha ha ha. Can we say controlling? That word fits me, or it did, because I refuse to live there. Control is no longer the name of my tent. 

The more I ‘let go and let God’ then I see His incredible blessings in beautiful clarity.

“If God gives such attention to the appearance of wildflowers—most of which are never even seen—don’t you think he’ll attend to you, take pride in you, do his best for you? What I’m trying to do here is to get you to relax, to not be so preoccupied with getting, so you can respond to God’s giving. People who don’t know God and the way he works fuss over these things, but you know both God and how he works. Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. Don’t worry about missing out. You’ll find all your everyday human concerns will be met.”

‭‭Matthew‬ ‭6‬:‭30‬-‭33‬ ‭MSG‬‬

I would struggle with relaxing. I would always be doing. You could compare me to Martha, up cleaning and complaining that no one else is helping. I couldn’t understand why Mary was laying at Jesus’ feet when much was to be done! 

 “The Lord is my shepherd; I have all that I need. He lets me rest in green meadows; he leads me beside peaceful streams.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭23‬:‭1‬-‭2‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Jesus wants to lead you to green meadows, the one He has created for you to find rest. He is at the center of it all: busy life, holidays, paying bills, parenting and anything else vying for your attention. While it is difficult to let go, it is rewarding as His peace will calm you and your light will be able to shine without flickering. Our busyness flickers our light. 

So let this moment, right now, be the moment that all control is let go and given to Him. He is your life dance partner, allow Him to lead. 

Close your eyes, take a deep breath, and take in all of His wonder in the green meadow He created just for you.

Imagine Jesus meeting you here…

Meadow in Polk County Missouri
Summer 2022




1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of just taking in the green meadow he created just for me. What a relaxing blessing we have in Him!

    ReplyDelete