Comfort

 “He will cover you with his feathers. He will shelter you with his wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭91‬:‭4‬ ‭NLT‬‬

When I was a little girl, I loved storms. The louder the better. I wanted to watch them come in and I loved how the clouds rolled. My sister did not. She was incredibly fearful of the thunder and lightening. My mom would console her, wrap her in a blanket and hold her. I felt comforted just watching mama offer my sister peace during a time that brought her such distress.

God offers the same comfort. He will cover and shelter us during times of distress. He offers protection, security. He is trustworthy, a promise keeper. 

He is dependable.

He gave us free will. 

He wants us to freely depend on Him while we let our independence go. 

Much like my sister freely went to our mother for comfort, holding nothing back.

“If God doesn’t build the house, the builders only build shacks. If God doesn’t guard the city, the night watchman might as well nap. It’s useless to rise early and go to bed late, and work your worried fingers to the bone. Don’t you know he enjoys giving rest to those he loves?”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭127‬:‭1‬-‭2‬ ‭MSG‬‬

Allow God to build your foundation, the very base of the shelter He promises. 

Lord-

I praise you for your relentless love and guidance. No matter how many times I falter, you provide me shelter. I know how mighty you are. I believe you are my rock. May all who are on the precipice of letting themselves go, open their hearts fully to you so they may dwell in your shelter. 

Amen

Queen Anne’s Lace
Polk County, Missouri 
2020




No comments:

Post a Comment