Godfidence

 “I know, Lord, that our lives are not our own. We are not able to plan our own course.”

‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭10‬:‭23‬ ‭NLT‬‬

In a world where New Year’s brings in the encouragement of:

- New Year, New You

- Resolutions

- Choose your destiny

- Be confident

and many other quips to pump up January 1st, I question how secure those words set up my year. So much of it revolves around “ME” and with “ME” taking on a “New Year, New You” I’m left feeling…flat. Overwhelmed. Pressure. None of that sounds appealing.

“But God is so rich in mercy, and he loved us so much,”

‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭2‬:‭4‬ ‭NLT‬‬

When I place myself in the center, I can only promise myself so much. Me against the world is a very lonely place. God offers so much more. With over 8,000 promises and rich in mercy, God doesn’t stand for me to fight my battles alone. He gives blessed assurance that He is in control when I place Him at the center. When my eyes are fixed on Him, I grow in faith. His control exceeds my control. My confidence dissipates from me and grows in Him. I lose confidence in myself and fix confidence in Him. I become Godfident.

“Jesus replied to them, “I assure you and most solemnly say to you, if you have faith [personal trust and confidence in Me] and do not doubt or allow yourself to be drawn in two directions, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ it will happen [if God wills it].”

‭‭Matthew‬ ‭21‬:‭21‬ ‭AMP‬‬

Join me and walk this year in trust and faith of our Lord and Savior. That we may shed our own confidence and thrive in Godfidence. 

Lord-

I praise each and every promise you give us in your written Word. I am forever grateful of your mercies as I shed ME and wrap myself in THEE. 

Amen 

“This I declare about the Lord: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust him.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭91‬:‭2‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Tulip
Nodaway County, Missouri 
2019

““Has anyone by fussing in front of the mirror ever gotten taller by so much as an inch? All this time and money wasted on fashion—do you think it makes that much difference? Instead of looking at the fashions, walk out into the fields and look at the wildflowers. They never primp or shop, but have you ever seen color and design quite like it? The ten best-dressed men and women in the country look shabby alongside them.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭6‬:‭27‬-‭29‬ ‭MSG‬‬




2 comments:

  1. I kinda feel that way too!After all of the holiday hoopla there is such a let down...I know that sounds disheartening. That's just a feeling I have. But I KNOW that God has a lot of exciting new things that He and I can look forward to this new year. He is showing me how to declare Romans 12:2!! "Thank You Jesus for renewing and transforming my mind so that Your will is becoming perfected, good, and acceptable in me and less worldly!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. The strength in letting Jesus take the wheel!

    ReplyDelete