A Trusted Friend

Easter Lily and dianthus that I cultivated over the years.



Life is nothing but go, go, go. Between housework, dropping kids off at various activities, family gatherings, meetings, paying bills, vet trips, and taking a much needed break to snuggle with the honey on the couch, it’s a wonder you’ve not forgotten something. If you’re anything like me, you did! 

But, guess who doesn’t forget? Holy Spirit. What a trusted friend we have! In our moments of weakness, He’s right there, cheering us on! Never leaving us and issuing a never ending supply of “phone-a-friends” to the Big Guy on our behalf.

What a trusted and dedicated friend, indeed.

My son is currently traveling Europe. Reading his blogs has often had me wishing I could be tucked away in his pocket to tag along here and there. What a funny little image of my son carrying me along in his pocket! But...then I was presented with THIS image...

I carry the Holy Spirit, in my pocket, all of the time, everyday, everywhere I go. 

How comforting! Holy Spirit is with me, praying over me. In times of struggle and I don’t know what to say, I sing song, “Oh Jesus, oh Jesus, oh Jeeeeeeeesus” over and over and over. I don’t have the words but I know Holy Spirit has prayed what I could not. Intervened on my behalf like any trusted friend would do. 

 “And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don’t know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words.”

‭‭Romans‬ ‭8:26‬ ‭NLT‬‬

https://bible.com/bible/116/rom.8.26.NLT


Lord- 

I praise your name! Thank you Lord for being a friend. Thank you for Holy Spirit praying over me when I just do not have the words. There’s many times that I’m just not sure what I should do and I’m stuck, yet peace is with me, in those moments I know Holy Spirit is praying over me and that “phone-a-friend” is in action. I pray Lord- your will be done always. I love you Lord.

Amen


1 comment:

  1. Thank you Lord for your love, the patience you show us, and the gift of everlasting life! Also for the chance to snuggle with your honey on the couch 😁

    ReplyDelete