Community, Commitment, Harmony

 “Live happily together in a spirit of harmony, and be as mindful of another’s worth as you are your own...”

‭‭Romans‬ ‭12:16‬ ‭TPT‬‬

I was scrolling through Facebook and came across a post reminiscing childhood in the 80’s. It was a wonderful few minutes to reacquaint myself with how I grew up. Riding my bicycle for hours on end until the street light came on, knowing that if I didn’t book it home I would get into trouble. Giving up my seat to a grandparent when we had family dinners. There’s nothing like drinking soda from a glass bottle. Drinking from the garden hose. Talking to our neighbors and enjoying spontaneous BBQ’s. Life seemed so simple then, but of course I was a kid!

“We will show mercy to the poor and not miss an opportunity to do acts of kindness for others, for these are the true sacrifices that delight God’s heart.”

‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭13:16‬ ‭TPT‬‬

I tried to instill the same values in my own kids. I did great in some things and not so great in others. It is what it is and I give them over to the Lord in prayer. One outing I fondly remember doing with my kids is volunteering at our local human society during the summer. We did this for several years and absolutely enjoyed every moment of it! This memory leads me to a question that keeps coming to mind:

What can we do in our communities to serve others? To share acts of kindness, not for glorification or pats on the back, but to serve others and share His word?

“Beloved ones, God has called us to live a life of freedom. But don’t view this wonderful freedom as an excuse to set up a base of operations in the natural realm. Constantly love each other and be committed to serve one another.”

‭‭Galatians‬ ‭5:13‬ ‭TPT‬‬

My grandmother’s Clematis. 
Polk County, Mo
June 2022

Lord-

I praise your gentle name. You bring peace and joy when I focus on you. Thank you for reminding me that serving my brothers and sisters is incredibly important in learning who you are. I ask to be a part of a beautifully loving, giving community service that focuses on your word and helping others. Present to me who, what, when, and where. Allow me to be a light to others through your teaching and love. Lord- I pray others are drawn towards a way to help their community, to share your word and love to those in need. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment