Tender In Mercy

Rose of Sharon
Polk County, Missouri
2021
Dad meticulously cared for this tree over 20 years. 


Self reflection is difficult. Recognizing when we need a “tune up” of attitude can be rather strenuous. Sometimes it comes easy and other times the cold hard truth can be a hard pill to swallow.

“Because of the privilege and authority God has given me, I give each of you this warning: Don’t think you are better than you really are. Be honest in your evaluation of yourselves, measuring yourselves by the faith God has given us.”

‭‭Romans‬ ‭12:3‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Thank goodness we serve a God who is tender in mercy. We can ask Him to point out our offenses. We can ask for a heart change. We can ask to be made new. 

“Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭139:24‬ ‭NLT‬‬

I know that I must cast my pride to the side, let anger dissipate in the wind, and rest in His word. Any hurt needs to be cast to the cross. 

“... “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.” So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor.”

‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭5:5-6‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Hurt people hurt others. We can break the cycle and love people who are hurt. We can love while being hurt. We can give Him our pain.

“Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.”

‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭5:7‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Lord-

I am humbled by your tender mercy. You make all things new. I pray for those hurting from rejection, decisions, hurtful words that they may find your love bigger than their pain. That those inflicting pain find your love bigger than their offenses. Father- I pray for shame to be cast aside as those realizing their pride is hurtful, their words cause pain. I ask for their hearts to be healed from their own hurt. I pray for forgiveness to breath life back into the one inflicting hurt and the one hurting. I pray that I may always seek you to present to me my own offenses so that I may release them to the cross. I praise your name for always being bigger than all hurt and pain. Great defender, healer, beautiful friend- that is who you are. 

Amen



1 comment:

  1. What an important message to hear at this moment. Only in love and mercy that our Lord gives us will we be able to free ourselves from the hurt we feel and inflict on others. Lord help me always to show love and mercy to others.

    ReplyDelete