Umbrella

I admire those who remember an umbrella on rainy days. Too often I’ve been caught without an umbrella, to the point that I’ve just given up. I’ll either leave it at home or forget it in the car while grocery shopping. That doesn’t do me any good for protection, forgetting it or giving up. 

“Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭91:1‬ ‭NLT‬‬

I’ve had this vision given to me for the past week: I’m holding an umbrella over my little world. This umbrella is massive and strong. It covers my loved ones and my home. Fire and arrows are raining down but my umbrella withstands and never waivers.

“This I declare about the Lord: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust him.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭91:2‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Oak on Dad’s property.
Polk County, Mo
June 2022

“He will cover you with his feathers. He will shelter you with his wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭91:4‬ ‭NLT‬‬

What a beautiful reminder that the Lord has me, my family, and our shelter under His protection. That I haven’t a clue what He has protected us from, and rest assured that’s exactly what He’s doing, protecting. He is my great Defender as I cling to Him.

“But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.”

‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭40:31‬ ‭NLT‬‬

His promises and His truth are represented by the umbrella in my vision. Traps (schemes) bounce off of layers of protection as I cling to His word. Scripture is not there for my convenience, when I remember to bring it along with me. I cannot give up when memorizing verses seems to escape me. I can’t just leave His word at home or in my car. 

“All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right.”

‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭3:16‬ ‭NLT‬‬

As I soak in His word, I cannot be shaken. 

As I cling to His word, strength will be found. 

Lord-

Thank you for this beautiful vision- to fully comprehend the compassion you have for my family and I. The mercy you give each time we struggle, yet continue to protect us over and over. In my vision, at first I viewed me holding the umbrella but you’ve revealed that I’m clinging to it. The umbrella is standing on its own and I’m clinging to it, trusting, yearning. I praise you for being a great defender, promise keeper. 

Amen







No comments:

Post a Comment