Lonely No More

Milkweed
Polk County, Mo
June 2022

I enjoy me time. I enjoy being by myself. I can go to a restaurant on my own. Complete crafts by myself. Even watching a movie by myself is comforting. I wasn’t always that way. There was a time when I wouldn’t be alone because it was unnerving, uncomfortable, just utterly...well, lonely.

 “Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?”

‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭3:16‬ ‭NLT

What joy it is to have a friend in Jesus! He’s with me always, not in my pocket, not near me, or in the vicinity of me. Holy Spirit resides IN me. When I allow fear to take up residence, He’s right there giving me strength. When I’m the only one in the room reading a book, I’m not alone, He’s right there reading with me. When I take an upsetting phone call, He’s in the midst of it all, comforting. 

In Deuteronomy 31:6, it is promised He will not abandon. If you’re feeling lonely and on your own, with few friends, I want you to know that you have a friend in Jesus. He wants to take residence in your heart; promise you that He will never abandon you. When you call out, He will be right there listening, providing strength. When you hurt, He will be the first to ease the pain, for He is a great healer. 

As a best friend, you can trust He is going to stand by His promises. All He asks is for a place in your heart and you will be lonely no more.

Lord-

I praise your name incredible name! Thank you for your friendship. You’re an amazing provider and you heal wounds that are deep. I pray for those who are feeling incredibly lonely tonight. I pray they encounter you and make room in their hearts for you. I pray for a beautiful peace to wash over them and joy brighten their hearts. I pray they see you as friend and know they can share their every moment with you, never feeling lonely again. 

Amen 


“Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭107:1‬ ‭NLT‬‬





No comments:

Post a Comment