Rejoice!

I’m overwhelmed. I have a lot to do. No matter where I look I see a task that must be done. I have a lot of phone calls to make and business to attend that is straining. I also have everyday household tasks. My list can go on and on and on.

Earlier I was sitting in my car, because that is where I get the best phone reception, calling on business for my dad who passed away in November. It’s a really nice day today. Not too cold and not too hot. I rolled down my windows and made my phone call. 

It wasn’t the best phone call. It wasn’t the news I was hoping to receive. 

But...

As I sat there, in comfortable temperature, the birds were singing, there was a gentle breeze, the trees are a gorgeous green, wildflowers are along the drive, my dogs are waiting for me to get out of the car with tails wagging...

 “This is the day the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭118:24‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Indeed, this IS the day the Lord has made! Even with my list of tasks that make me want to cry, a phone call that was extremely frustrating, this is a day of rejoicing.

He is reminding me that this isn’t my show. He wants me to be still and enjoy the creation He made. 

There is joy!

Rejoice!

Mozingo Trail, Nodaway County, Missouri
2020

Lord-

Thank you for all of creation. For thinking of every minute detail that makes the world turn. Thank you for the beautiful vision of today and the weather is just simply a gift. Thank you for reminding me to take a moment and rejoice in what you have made! It is a day to celebrate! This is the day that You have made so let me find joy in your creation during a time when I am struggling. Thank you for loving me so much and bringing this moment to light. 

Amen 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this message today to enjoy the beauty of what the Lord provides throughout all the chaos of our “busy lives”. Let us remember we are never too busy for Him!

    ReplyDelete