Green Pastures

Life can really throw curveballs. 

We were to close on a home the end of June. Needless-to-say, that didn’t happen, through no fault of ours. It’s going to be a long July.

Or will it?

We have two choices: wallow in a pit of despair or look up and sing praise.

Shall I be honest? I visualized airing my displeasure at yet another setback with the title company after signing closing papers. Okay, okay, I wanted to wring their necks.

 “But as for me, I will sing about your power. Each morning I will sing with joy about your unfailing love. For you have been my refuge, a place of safety when I am in distress.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭59:16‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Isn’t God’s mercy and grace an unfathomable blessing? He sees me in distress and He comforts me. He reminds me that in this moment, I must praise Him.  

““You are worthy, O Lord our God, to receive glory and honor and power. For you created all things, and they exist because you created what you pleased.””

‭‭Revelation‬ ‭4:11‬ ‭NLT‬‬

When we praise Him, it opens direct passage to our Heavenly Father. The blood of Jesus is our pathway, but let’s not forget when we lift our voice in prayer to the Lord, it facilitates relationship. 

“Let everything that breathes sing praises to the Lord! Praise the Lord!”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭150:6‬ ‭NLT‬

Lord-

I praise your name! You’re bigger than all obstacles, bringing comfort. How patient you are with your children, attentive. You’re eternally faithful, loving, bestower of peace. You are omnipresent. Wow. Everywhere I look, from the East to the West, you’ve touched it all. Thank you for reminding me to lie down in green pastures.

Amen 

The bloom of Queen Anne’s Lace in the dew. Polk County,  Mo
June 2022






1 comment:

  1. Thank you Lord for the opportunity that green pastures are always there for us and lifting our troubles and fears to you helps us to rest in those pastures with ease.

    ReplyDelete