Rest

I’ve had an enormously busy several days. I’ve had good times in those days and I’ve had not so good news in those days. I asked questions  and I’ve experienced the Lord’s whispers of answers and reflective songs to come on at the right moment while listening to The Message. 

He is, indeed, with us moment-by- moment.

No matter my questions, His answers always were to rest. Rest IN Him.

Rest?! What does that even mean? I cannot nap each and every time I get anxious and well, frantic. Okay, my husband probably wished I would nap. Now, that was funny!

Yes, a quick nap is a great refresher for our bodies but He wants us to rest IN Him. To take our burdens to Him and leave them. To surrender to Him fully, letting ourselves go and trust Him. 

He says, “rest my child, I have all the answers you are seeking.”

When doubt begins to tickle your focus, questions rise about who you are, fears cloud your vision, remember He is beside you encouraging you to let it all go and just rest.

Snowball 
Polk County, Mo
July 2022

Can I...?

“When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭94:19‬ ‭

He says, “Rest in me.”


Am I good enough?

“I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. InsteadI have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.”

John 15:15

He says, “Rest.”


I am scared of...

“I prayed to the Lord, and he answered me. He freed me from all my fears.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭34:4‬ ‭

He whispers, “talk to me and release your fears. Rest.”

Our hope is replenished as we rest in Him.

“Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in him.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭62:5‬ ‭NLT‬‬









1 comment:

  1. I love the message of resting in Him and how clear that is to take that time so we can truly hear Him

    ReplyDelete