Take Captive


Life can seem like it’s packing a punch. Political discussions amongst family and friends can derail a visit. Disagreements while handling a loved ones estate can lead to exile and pain. Heaviness can lodge itself deep and motivation has escaped and sadness has set in. We’ve all been in a fog at some moment in our life; fighting words, fighting each other, fighting sadness. In other words, we are fighting the flesh.

“We can demolish every deceptive fantasy that opposes God and break through every arrogant attitude that is raised up in defiance of the true knowledge of God. We capture, like prisoners of war, every thought and insist that it bow in obedience to the Anointed One.”

‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭10:5‬ ‭TPT‬‬

When I didn’t realize I could take captive words, thoughts, and actions; I would get incredibly offended and hurt. That creates even more turmoil and has me walking into the enemy’s trap: seek, destroy, kill.

Now, I send evil to the foot of the cross in Jesus’s name. I loudly tell it to “BE GONE”! I ask for Holy Spirit to rain peace over me, the room, another person or all three. If I’m with many others, I’ve said more under my breath than loudly. I wanted to be honest.

I know I can boldly live this verse every single day. I do not have to accept negative and any evil presence. I can command it to leave. I can insist it bow in obedience. I can take captive my own thoughts and squash them. 

Naked Lady

August 2022, Polk County Missouri

Lord-

I praise you for being a great protector. You knew we would be bombarded with evil yet you gave us power in your name to send evil ideas, thoughts, and actions to the cross. You’ve prepared us and you encourage us to boldly live in peace. Hallelujah!

Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment