Unseen

Polk County MO
August 2022

The other evening I was praising the Lord for his presence and knowing exactly what I needed when I needed it. As I was taking a breath to continue my thoughts, I was interrupted with:

“But I also know what you do not need.”

Did that cause you to pause like it did me?! It’s incredibly deep and profound. Immediately Garth Brooks’ song “Unanswered Prayers” was playing in my mind and it reminded me how much I disliked that song as a kid. How can unanswered prayers be a gift?

Oh goodness, have I learned a lot in my lifetime. 

So much has been going on this summer: two offers not accepted on two homes, the waiting of a property that we had a closing date on but fell through on the seller’s part last minute, finding another home in a different town and waiting on the closing date, storage units broken into, mechanical issues on vehicles, and my list can just keep on and on.

However, this list is not how the Lord wants me to focus on this summer. He wants me to look at what He did not allow. Like while those two homes we really liked, He knew they were not for us. Incidentally one of them had a lot of issues to pass inspection but you wouldn’t have known during the walk through. The home we were so close to purchasing, in the end, was not big enough for us as we are having an additional member of our family move in. I could keep going...

Not only does He know what I need, He knows what I do not need, so while I am getting antsy because I’m not getting answers quick enough or what I believe He’s directing me to, I need to take a moment and reflect that sometimes He’s focused on what I am not needing at that moment in my life. 

What a life moment pause. 

To take a moment and reflect that He is omnipresent...

To take a moment and realize what He is protecting me from...

To take a deep breath and thank Him when I am running late because maybe I didn’t need to be on the road.

To take a second to acknowledge that He knows me so well that maybe the job I believe is perfect...isn’t. 

To step back and stop giving it my all to make things work because His plan is opposite and walls I am hitting isn’t to hurt but to keep me safe.

“And if you ask, you won’t receive it for you’re asking with corrupt motives, seeking only to fulfill your own selfish desires.”

‭‭James ‭4:3‬ ‭TPT‬‬

As the days continued, He took me deeper and reminded me that there’s so much I do not see that He does for me. What He protects me from, who He places in my path, changing my path to encounter another in their path, things He wants me to see, things He does not want me to see, and so on.

“The Lord is watching everywhere, keeping his eye on both the evil and the good.”

‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭15:3‬ ‭NLT‬‬

What an amazing week, to have these moments with Heavenly Father. Encouragement to continue to pray and ask but my heart needs to be just and not selfish. Taking comfort knowing that He’s right here and to trust that He is protecting me from things I’m not seeing. 

“The Lord keeps you from all harm and watches over your life.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭121:7‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Trust in the unseen.



3 comments:

  1. I believe that God answers ALL prayers...either yes, no, or wait... While we wait we praise Him, meditate on His Word: James 1:12; James 3:17; James 4:3; James 4:7-8; I Peter 5:7-8...I know this is a long list of Scripture but they came to mind as I read your blog. Praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just found one of the main Scriptures that sums up my point: 1 Peter 4:12-13. "Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal among you, which comes up on you for your testing, as though some strange thing we're happening to you; v.13: "but to the degree that you share the sufferings of Christ, keep on rejoicing; so that also at the revelation of His glory, you may rejoice with exultation." (NASB, 1995, Lockman Foundation)

      Delete
  2. I’m sure all of us has struggled to understand why a certain prayer hasn’t been answered, even becoming angry when it’s not. But the Lord does provide and leads us in the direction we need to go, not our own wants and desires. Thank you for this well-needed message and the reminder that some of God’s greatest gifts are Unanswered Prayers!

    ReplyDelete