Mirrors

 I was looking at pictures from the past. It’s always fun to reminisce. It’s also eye opening. Viewing images of a time when I had a negative view of my looks, I’m thinking, “Why did I ever believe I was fat?”! My vision was really skewed.

I walked into the bathroom to look at myself in the mirror and just as I about to scrutinize my features I hear, “My love is infinite.” I looked at myself again and I see someone whom the Lord loves. 

“For you bless the godly, O Lord; you surround them with your shield of love.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭5:12‬ ‭NLT‬‬

It’s easy to get caught up in lies whispered in our ears. To agree with judgmental words, cruel declarations. I know I can be my worse critic. 

That is not what I was called to be and neither are you.

If you are your own worse critic or you feel the weight of lies, look at yourself in the mirror. You are shielded in His love. He knows every hair on your head. He knows you by name. He knows your heart. The reflection you see was sculpted by the king of Kings. He makes no mistakes. 

“May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.”

‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭3:19‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Declare to your reflection that you are loved by the God most high. 

“And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love.”

‭‭Romans‬ ‭8:38‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Polk County
Missouri 







2 comments:

  1. This is a reminder we all need from time to time. Those lies are the beginning to letting negativity creep in our whole lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really appreciate your sharing part of this journey because even though Jesus and I have grown closer I still find myself trying to fill some voids that I KNOW HE will fill if I let Him...I just gotta let Him!

    ReplyDelete