Pain Reliever


 “As for me, I look to the Lord for help. I wait confidently for God to save me, and my God will certainly hear me.”

‭‭Micah‬ ‭7:7‬ ‭NLT‬‬

When feeling pain, we often look for a pain reliever to ease our discomfort. But when the pain is deep and internal, our hearts are hurting, what is close at hand to relieve the pain?

At one time, I reached for alcohol. I reached for retail therapy. I reached for anything to take my mind off what was causing a deep pain inside of me. That lead me down dark roads with chains to hold me down. My reach was towards death. At that time, I had zero clue the depth of which I was falling and losing control, life-less.

“He always comes alongside us to comfort us in every suffering so that we can come alongside those who are in any painful trial. We can bring them this same comfort that God has poured out upon us.”

‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭1:4‬ ‭TPT‬‬

I was met in my pain. Many beautiful people were brought into my life. They led me to Jesus. He’s my pain reliever. I reach for Him when I feel anguish. His healing waters released the chains. Hallelujah! 

Are you feeling pain? Are you just going through the motions of life? Reach for Jesus every day. Call out to Him. Drop to your knees if you need to. Lay prostrate on the floor. Cry in the shower. Cry out as you drive (but drive safely, please, we love you). Let Him relieve you of your pain.

He is your pain reliever.

He is bigger than all of your hurts.

Nodaway County, Missouri
2020 

Lord-

You are a great pain reliever. You heal the broken hearted. You love bigger than any sin. Thank you for leaving the 99 for the one lost and hurt soul. Thank you for releasing pain and refueling with peace and comfort. Holy Spirit, fall on my brothers and sisters who are hurting. I have faith you will heal their hearts. 

Amen

1 comment:

  1. I had recently realized that I too had self-medicated when the emotional and mental abuse/discomfort had gotten to be too much...I used my prescription meds more often than I should (but not in a way to put anyone else in danger)..to sleep away the pain I felt...but now I see more of Jesus at work in me and am being able to face the stuff I tried for years to hide from!! I am thankful I have Jesus walking along side of me and that He never ever leaves me!! Thank You Jesus!!

    ReplyDelete