Giants

 Sometimes I find it rather difficult to leave the house. I can’t breathe. My gut churns. I’m a mess. Suddenly, leaving the house seems like such a big issue. Rather than focusing on the reason why I need to leave or the fun I could have while away, I focus on why I shouldn’t be leaving and how sick I feel.

It can be debilitating.

It’s like a thief robbing me of memories.

A giant that won’t get out of my way. 

Fear. Pride. Anger. 

Giants.

What giants are hindering you? Dictating your every move? Robbing you of peace?

Sometimes I find myself focused on the giants rather than a small seed of faith, a mustard seed. 

“The Lord answered, “If you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mulberry tree, ‘May you be uprooted and be planted in the sea,’ and it would obey you!”

‭‭Luke‬ ‭17‬:‭6‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Let’s hand our giants over to the Lord and no longer agree with what they represent. Let us remember that faith can move a tree! A mountain! A giant! 

“David replied to the Philistine, “You come to me with sword, spear, and javelin, but I come to you in the name of the Lord of Heaven’s Armies—the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied.”

‭‭1 Samuel‬ ‭17‬:‭45‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Our giants, our battles, are not won with anger, violence, arguments, revenge, cold shoulders, avoidance, or cruel words or works. 

“And everyone assembled here will know that the Lord rescues his people, but not with sword and spear. This is the Lord’s battle, and he will give you to us!””

‭‭1 Samuel‬ ‭17‬:‭47‬ ‭NLT‬‬

And while we may try to control situations, in the end we are trying to control God. Our faith will disarm the giants we face. The battle is not ours. 

November 2022

Lord-
I praise your name! You are bigger than all of my giants! You are mightier than what holds me back. Let my heart place a sign outside saying “no giants allowed”. Let me face the day as David faced Goliath. The battle isn’t mine but yours God. Thank you Lord for you are a way-maker. 
Amen


Written 10/31/2022

Published 11/6/2022


2 comments:

  1. Sweet Friend, I will be praying for you!! I am wanting this next thing I say to come across rightly: I am learning to say Jesus I KNOW BEYOND A SINGLE DOUBT that YOU have already defeated my previous giants and will defeat these that I am facing now. I commit my current doubts to YOU NOW! I think John 14:27 is the one about the one who seeks to kill and destroy, but Jesus gives life ABUNDANTLY. Listen to praise music, or the Bible on YouVersion to be read aloud to you. Drown Satan!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the message on what we all face. All of our giants are different in name and appearance, but all come from the same evil that the Lord equipped us to battle.

    ReplyDelete