Cancel the Housekeeper

 

Redbud Leaf
2022

“God would surely have known it, for he knows the secrets of every heart.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭44‬:‭21‬ ‭NLT‬‬

There was a time in my life when housekeeping and life clashed. I needed help as a new mother and hired a housekeeper for a short time. The night before she would arrive, I would clean! I couldn’t let her see my house in that state! 

How often do we think the same with our relationship with God? Cleaning up before meeting our Heavenly Father, forgetting He knows everything, even the number of hairs on our head. 

“And the very hairs on your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows.”

‭‭Luke‬ ‭12‬:‭7‬ ‭NLT‬‬

He doesn’t want us to clean house first, then meet Him. He wants us raw. Honest with ourselves, honest with Him. He already knows what’s happening, our hearts. He invites us to come in anger, grief, joy, humility. He is not asking us to wipe our feet at the door. 

“My heart has heard you say, “Come and talk with me.” And my heart responds, “Lord, I am coming.””

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭27‬:‭8‬ ‭NLT‬‬

He’s calling your name and He wants you to meet Him exactly as you are! Do not stop to clean up, meet Him and say, “Yes Lord.”

Lord-

Oh how amazing you are, protector, counselor, friend! You know our hearts and you love us with a great overwhelming love. You see us, in our muck, and still invite us. How precious you see us, even when we can’t see it in ourselves or each other. Thank you for loving each and every one of us. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment