Life Saver

 “The Lord says, “I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust in my name.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭91‬:‭14‬ ‭NLT‬‬

When I was in elementary school, my mother signed my sister and I up for swimming lessons. We were incredibly excited!  We arrived and all excitement left us. Swoosh! Fear arrived and pitched a tent.

It took me awhile to trust my instructor, to believe I wouldn’t drown. I noticed my swim mates having fun, floating, treading water, laughing. Why couldn’t I let go?

Why can’t I trust?

Why am I questioning?

How many can relate to asking these questions throughout their lifetime? I can admit I moved in with fear many times during my adult life. I can also admit that Jesus wasn’t part of my vocabulary as I had very little understanding of His life, Him, and my salvation.

No matter where you are in your life, you can love Him, trust Him and He will rescue you. Whisk you away from the tent of fear in which you’ve deemed your home. Envelope you as the waters climb upwards, breathe in for you as you gulp for air. Lather you in such protection that arrows will not penetrate.

“For you are my hiding place; you protect me from trouble. You surround me with songs of victory.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭32‬:‭7‬ ‭NLT‬‬

While my story of swim lessons end in a near drowning experience, my spiritual life is far from that image. I was blessed to be part of a family who loved Jesus so much they shared Him with me. A beautiful hiding place decorated in protection and melodies of victory.

We can share the same with others. The knowledge of rescue, promise of protection, His love. 

We have family and friends drowning. Let’s introduce them to the Savior, give grace in the form of a raft, and demonstrate how to anchor  in hope.

“We love each other because he loved us first.”

‭‭1 John‬ ‭4‬:‭19‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Bridge at Loess Bluff National Wildlife  Refuge
2020





No comments:

Post a Comment