Ever So

 

Mansfield,Mo
April 2023

“And consider the patience of our Lord [His delay in judging and avenging wrongs] as salvation [that is, allowing time for more to be saved]…”

‭‭2 Peter‬ ‭3‬:‭15‬ ‭AMP‬‬

Hurry up and wait.

I was always frustrated with that phrase. I’m a driven individual. I’m one when I have an idea or a project in my mind my response is, “let’s do it already”! So I guess one would describe me as a “doer”. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with that, until my “doing” conflicts with God’s “resting”. Then I find myself in a “hurry and wait” situation and the wrestling begins!

Exhausting, isn’t it?

I put that on myself. I allow the world to dictate my time, tell me where to go and what to do. And all the while I’m caught up in a wrestling match with doing versus resting, God is right there offering encouragement to rest while patiently waiting for me to let myself go.

Much like He patiently waited for me to recognize His voice.

Similar to Him patiently waiting for me to seek Jesus as the storms raged.

Exactly as he watched me make decision after decision in my late teens drive me further from Him, He patiently waited. 

He’s not a “hurry up and wait” kind of Father. He’s patiently waiting. 

… for the broken.

… for the Prodigal.

… for the lost.

… for the proud.

We, too, can be patient. 

Patient in all things.

Patient with all things.

Patient and rest.

Lord-

Thank you for this reminder as I’ve just wanted to DO rather than rest! I cannot force, but I can pray and wait. 

Amen

Do you have a friend, family member, coworker, acquaintance who doesn’t know Him? Who doesn’t understand that Jesus is the way, truth, and the light? Lift them in prayer. Speak their names to Him out loud. Let us not fall into “hurry up and wait”  but instead let us trust Him as He is ever so patient for His children to find their way to Him.

1 comment: