Hands

Dogwood
Texas County, Missouri
April 2023

“Keep and protect me, O God, for in You I have placed my trust and found refuge.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭16‬:‭1‬ ‭AMP‬‬

I didn’t always find refuge in God. I didn’t understand what it meant to trust someone I couldn’t see. I relied on me and me alone. What a lonely refuge, and really no refuge at all.

I was introduced to Jesus as my savior over twenty years ago but didn’t truly understand who he was until just a few years ago. One practice that gave me a hands on moment with my Savior was writing down on paper what was concerning me, like a letter. 

Dear God,

It’s hard raising teenagers. Some days I’m right on point and other days I feel dislodged. I cannot raise them without help. Please Lord- I give you my teenage sons. I have to let them go because I’m trying too hard. I trust you.

Amen

After writing my note, I would fold it and ask that the Lord hear my prayer. As I folded the paper, I would visibly imagine my concerns and worries, anxieties, anger be folded up, too. Then, I would place my folded note in the jar. This jar is actually a large vase. It represents Christ’s hands. I’m placing my cares into His hands. No looking back. No taking back.

Today I placed four notes into the jar.

His refuge is undeniable. 

His hands are open.



No comments:

Post a Comment