Attitude

Peony
Texas County, Mo
May 2023

“Your ancestors have also been taught ‘Love your neighbors and hate the one who hates you.’ However, I say to you, love your enemy, bless the one who curses you, do something wonderful for the one who hates you, and respond to the very ones who persecute you by praying for them.”

‭‭Matthew‬ ‭5‬:‭43‬-‭44‬ ‭TPT‬‬

We spend more time with coworkers than we do our families, a truth I find astonishing. What is the energy like in the workplace? Are you surrounded by those who can be a bit frustrating, negative? Perhaps you work with individuals who are optimistic, positive. What is your attitude like at work? When I was a teacher, I had the opportunity to join a school with “If everyone in this school had your attitude, what kind of place it would be?” displayed on the walls in the stairwells.  Now that is a daily reflection to take notice.

It’s easy to follow the complaints, get caught up in the gossip, resent some, have favorites in others, create a clique, strive to be popular, or refuse to conform to a continued high school setting in the adult world- reclusive. What if we stopped living in the world and lived in the Kingdom? 

What would it be like to walk away and lift our workplaces up in prayer rather than participate in the moment? We can do that anywhere, anytime. The grocery store, the convenience store, the park, schools, libraries, work, the list is endless.

“until they were filled (permeated, saturated) with every kind of unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, evil; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malice and mean-spiritedness. They are gossips [spreading rumors],”

‭‭Romans‬ ‭1‬:‭29‬ ‭AMP‬‬

I am encouraged that I can put on my armor and stand against envy, strife, malice, mean- spirits, and gossip. I do not have to participate in hurtful talk. I can simply walk away and pray, giving my concerns to Him.

Are you encouraged?

“Watch the way you talk. Let nothing foul or dirty come out of your mouth. Say only what helps, each word a gift.”

‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭4‬:‭29‬ ‭MSG‬‬

Lord-

Thank you for pulling me away and telling me to pray. I’m so thankful my heart was open to hearing you and I was obedient and left the gossip. Yes, our words are gifts and when spoken from your truth, we release all that you are to others. May I never forget how important it is to speak YOU to others. Though I may find myself lacking upon occasion, I am thankful of your grace and mercy each morning. May I confess and abide in you.

Amen 


No comments:

Post a Comment