Genuine Faith

Gerber Daisy
Memorial Weekend 2023

“So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you must endure many trials for a little while. These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold—though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world.”

‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭1‬:‭6‬-‭7‬ ‭NLT‬‬

As I was reading this passage of scripture, my first reaction was laughter. I envisioned walking to my mailbox, pulling out a hefty bill that I couldn’t afford and finding joy in it, dancing a jig and skipping back to the house.

Ain’t nobody finding joy in a bill one cannot afford.

But- that’s exactly what He calls us to do, find the joy. He’s asking us to choose Him, trust Him as the arrows strike. He promises to lead us towards a deeper and genuine, faithful relationship.

He will protect us as we seek refuge in Him, calling His name (Psalms 91). We may not understand our current suffering, but we can rest knowing that He hears our prayers and knows our hearts. 

After reflection, my vision of walking to the mailbox shows me lifting my face towards God after viewing the bill. Giving my concern to him, choosing to trust Him in the moment, walking back to the house feeling joyful that my Lord and Savior heard me and will take it from there.

God wants us to pray and watch for answers. Proceed with a thankful heart as He refines us and moves mountains.

When we step out on our own, it’s not easy, but as we trust Him, the burden becomes lighter (Matthew 11:28-30).

Lord-

Thank you for your wisdom and love. Sometimes we don’t understand why we have the trials we do, but I know you have a plan and a purpose for each one of us. I pray that those struggling will give their hearts to refinement, that their grief and suffering will lead them to a deeper and genuine faith.  We can trust you will lead us.

Amen 


No comments:

Post a Comment